Canterbury Photography Studio Hire
Our well appointed Canterbury studio is available for hire for both amateur and professional photographers. We are open from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm at the weekends.
Designed to be the perfect photographer's studio, facilities include:
- Use of our studio lighting equipment including our 5 wireless strobes and radio triggers
- Huge range of light modifiers
- Industry standard 9' seamless background paper rolls in black, white and grey (ceiling mounted)
- Baby posing cushion
- Seating area for clients or models
- Children's play area
- Central Canterbury location, in a business centre with reception and lift
- Tea and coffee making facilities in the room
- You can have us available on-hand to help, or have the room to yourself
- Natural light from windows on two sides
- Child safe - lights can be ceiling mounted for child safety
- Public carpark to the rear of the studio (see contact page)
Half-day Studio Hire - £99
Four hours gives you time to arrive, get your lighting setup ready and tested, greet your clients or models, complete your photoshoot and get packed up again in a comfortable, unhurried manner. Your fee includes studio equipment hire and help from us during the session as needed.
Please note that we do not rent the studio on an hourly basis. If you are used to natural light photography then you are probably used to being able to achieve a lot in an hour, but in a studio environment you will likely spend an hour just getting your lighting setup ready and tested. It is much better to be able to work without time pressure.
Camera Hire - £49
For an extra £49 you are welcome to use our camera equipment, which includes
- 2x Canon 5D mkIII
- 85mm f1.2L
- 24-70 f2.8L II
One lens is mounted on each camera body so there is no need for lens changes during the shoot. Please bring your own memory cards to take images home with you. Our cameras can use SD and CF cards.
A bit nervous about stepping into the world of studio photography? We can provide full training on studio lighting and equipment on one of our 6-week courses or 2-hour single subject intensives, see photography training for more information.
BOOK ONLINE NOW